Buying any footwear has high chances of being a guessing game. You can imagine the awful feeling of purchasing good, quality shoes which end up not fitting you well. This might not be your fault as some shoes fit okay when trying them in the store but later turn out tight. This is perhaps the basic reason you need to own a shoe stretcher. For a good shoe stretching experience, it isn’t about owning just any shoe stretcher but the best shoe stretcher.
To begin, shoe stretchers, as the name suggests, are devices that resemble the shape and size of a foot. They are made of quality materials, preferably cedar or maple. They have adjustment knobs and screws which are manipulated in re-sizing the shoe. Being a remedy to this pressing shoe problem, shoe stretchers are available in myriads of brands and models. This is why finding the best product in the market is imperative. When searching for one, consider looking at the various best shoe stretcher reviews among other factors.
- What shoe stretchers should you buy?
- Why consider using a shoe stretcher?
- Where to use shoe stretchers
- How to use shoe stretchers
- Top 6 Best Shoe Stretchers Reviews
What shoe stretchers should you buy?
Where can I buy shoe stretchers is a common question brought forward by many people. However, this shouldn’t be a priority question. If you need this, you should first identify the shoe stretcher perfect for your needs. To answer this, you definitely know the exact measurements of your feet. You also know first-hand the real problems experienced in your feet. Concerns such as bunions and corns should be addressed by the stretcher.
To get rid of these concerns and problems, you ought to find the best shoe stretcher for bunions and corns. Other concerns include hammer toes, rough heels, and toenail fungus. These should be your primary focus when determining the shoe stretcher suitability.
Why consider using a shoe stretcher?
Shoe stretchers do a good job by adjusting the width and length of your shoes. However, to achieve these benefits, ensure that you choose a two-way stretcher. This model has adjustment knobs which rotate clockwise and anti-clockwise to widen and lengthen the shoes. Other stretchers feature vamp and toe adjustments. Besides this, other shoe stretchers work for high heel shoes. For this case, finding the best shoe stretcher for high heels is prudent.
A single shoe stretcher can be used for both left and right shoes. However, it is prudent to get a pair, each for the individual shoe, to hasten the process. This allows both shoes to be adjusted at the same time without waiting for one shoe to be finished before you proceed to the other one. For corn and bunions, as mentioned, choose a device that lets you fix them. That said, some stretchers have holes where bunions attachments can be attached to the areas of concern.
Where to use shoe stretchers
Shoe stretchers can be invaluable for shoes made from natural materials such as leather and suede. Natural materials benefit significantly compared to synthetic shoes which tend to return to their original size. For synthetically made shoes, the result isn’t plausible compared to that of natural materials. This implies that the effectiveness of a shoe stretcher is hugely dependent on the material.
How to use shoe stretchers
Again, the proper way of utilizing a shoe stretcher is heavily dependent on the specific product. Therefore, it is prudent to inquire more on the specific product before purchasing it. Besides, always follow the instructions that accompany the device on how to use wooden shoe stretcher. Generally, most shoe stretchers are used in conjunction with the best shoe stretcher spray or a liquid that soaks the shoe material. This makes the material more susceptible to stretching.
Therefore, when planning to undertake this process, begin by identifying the area that needs to be stretched. Once determined, apply the fluid or spray and give some time for the material to soak. The fibers relax thus facilitates easier stretching. Note that you should only apply the fluid to the inner side of the shoe. Applying it outside may damage the shoe material besides being unnecessary.
Synthetic materials require more caution as the fluid may stick the stretcher to the shoe. However, remove it by leaving the shoe inside a freezer to cool down. Moving ahead, use the adjustment knob to increase the size of the stretcher to the maximum expansion allowed by the shoe. Depending on the shoe material, leaving the stretcher insitu for 24 to 48 hours is enough to produce the desired results.
That said, choose the best shoe stretcher from the models outlined below.
Top 6 Best Shoe Stretchers Reviews
The Two-Way Premium Footfitter
Like the one-way stretcher, the Two-Way Premium Footfitter is a professional expander designed to provide utmost stretch in your shoe’s length and width. It is a great way of reaping more benefits from a solid product. It is a perfect prescription for all around ill-fitting shoes.
It stretches them both ways providing utmost comfort. Unlike the one-way design, it is an invaluable piece for individuals who need some room all over. It is also a perfect design for business and dress shoes regardless of the size.
Features of the Two-Way Premium Footfitter
- Features a stainless-steel washer on the heel block that allows you to achieve the desired length. Washers make it easy to make slight length adjustments for ultimate comfort.
- Provides an easy customizable stretching experience.
- Has a wooden part with 14 plug holes and three bunion plugs.
- Perfect for elongating and widening the shoe.
Pros of Two-Way Premium Footfitter
- Made from metal and hardwood
- Applicable for two-way stretching
- Features bunion spacers for specialized and localized adjustments
- Operates smoothly
- High quality
Cons of Two-Way Premium Footfitter
- Relatively expensive compared to other brands of the same caliber
- Doesn’t open wide enough
- The turn handle is made from plastic thus can slip with extreme pressure
The Footfitter Professional One-Way Shoe Stretcher
Professional shoe stretchers are often the best choice for high heels and dress shoes. Besides, they work excellently for both men and women shoes. To make your new shoes feel comfortable, use the Footfitter Professional One-Way Shoe Stretcher.
This stretcher is designed with durability and comfort in mind. They are made from durable materials such as stainless steel and of course the common German harvested beech wood. As mentioned, they work for both men and women’s shoes of various sizes. It also allows you take full control of the device when slipping it to the shoe.
Features of The Footfitter Professional One-Way Shoe Stretcher
- Made from a real German beech wood
- Designed to fit both the right and left shoes perfectly. Therefore, you can focus on stretching one shoe at a time.
- Provide the best width stretching results
- Has three adjustable bunion plugs that help in stretching specific areas
- Revitalizes shoes – they help in transforming tight shoes to perfectly fitting and comfortable shoes.
Pros of The Footfitter Professional One-Way Shoe Stretcher
- Its German beech wood is well constructed
- Can be used in both right and left shoes
- Has 14 holes for plugs
- Can be used in heels and boots
Cons of The Footfitter Professional One-Way Shoe Stretcher
- They tend to slide back when stretching is done in heels
- Only used for stretching the width of shoes
- Turn handles are made of plastic that can break with force
The MARZ Ladies Two-Way High Heel Shoe Stretcher
On their own, high heels are a bit uncomfortable. You can imagine the feeling of having them in the wrong size. They certainly hurt even more. This is why heel enthusiasts ought to have this high-heel shoe stretcher. As the name suggests, they are two-way thus lets you adjust the width and length of the shoe.
Features of The MARZ Ladies Two-Way High Heel Shoe Stretcher
- Comes with four pressure relief pods that are suitable for those in need of localized adjustments.
- Made from tough polyurethane plastic and premium steel shaft materials that ascertain durability.
- Can be used for both right and left shoes
Pros of The MARZ Ladies Two-Way High Heel Shoe Stretcher
- Made from high-quality material
- Used for both left and right shoes
- Relieves pain caused by corns and bunions with the pressure relief pods with an option of localized adjustment
Cons of The MARZ Ladies Two-Way High Heel Shoe Stretcher
- Relatively expensive compared to other stretchers of the same caliber
- The plastic used to cover its internal mechanism wears off with frequent use
The Footfitter One-Way Professional 3-6” High Heel Stretcher
The Footfitter One-Way Professional 3-6” High Heel Stretcher is a 5-star rated shoe stretcher due to its working ability. Being a one-way shoe stretcher, it only supports one side adjustment, the width.
Features of Footfitter One-Way Professional 3-6” High Heel Stretcher
- It is specifically made for shoes of 3 to six inches
- Comes with two pressure relief plugs
- Can be used for both right and left shoes
- Made of a premium polished beech wood
Pros of Footfitter One-Way Professional 3-6” High Heel Stretcher
- Specific to three to six inches heels
- Usable for both right and left shoes
- Provides two pressure relief pods
- Made from high-quality beech wood
Cons of Footfitter One-Way Professional 3-6” High Heel Stretcher
- A major drawback of this shoe stretcher is that it can be extra wide for other shoes thus stretch the width too much.
The Wooden Shoe Stretcher From Shoekeeper
Like other shoe stretchers of this league, this device is made from study materials. It can be used for several uses. The kit comes with the best shoe stretcher spray which, as mentioned before, comes in handy when widening the shoes.
Features of The Wooden Shoe Stretcher From Shoekeeper
- Made from sturdy, good quality materials
- Accompanied by a shoe stretcher spray for efficient functioning
- Comes with bunion and corn plugs
- Can be used for both left and right shoes
Pros of The Wooden Shoe Stretcher From Shoekeeper
- Comes with shoe sprays used to soften the shoes
- Features metal bunion plugs
- Used for both left and right shoes
Cons of The Wooden Shoe Stretcher From Shoekeeper
- Only used to adjust the width of the shoes
- Some are quite shorter
- Works well with pointed shoes
The KevenAnna High Heels Adjustable Shoe Trees
High heels stretchers are real lifesavers for women. Though pumps and heels look great for any activity, there is much hassle that comes with wearing unfitting heels. From pinching the toes, causing blisters, bunions or toenail fungus, getting the best shoe stretcher for high heels can be relieving and a direct way of ascertaining comfort. The KevenAnna High Heels Adjustable Shoe Trees provides this.
Features of KevenAnna High Heels Adjustable Shoe Trees
- They are made of polyurethane plastic materials and steel for extended durability and strength.
- They come in pairs which provide extra value
- They are two-way thus stretches both the length and width of your shoes
- Features 12 bunion plugs that stretch the needed areas of heels
- Have holes designed for pressure point relief.
- They are convenient with a provision of hanging them while not in use.
Pros of KevenAnna High Heels Adjustable Shoe Trees
- Constructed with high-quality beech wood
- Provides both length and width adjustments
- Made from premium materials for extra durability
- Sold as pairs for extra value
Cons of KevenAnna High Heels Adjustable Shoe Trees
- Their unsuitability to narrow or wide shoes is the major limiting factor to their use.
Shoe stretchers are certainly an invaluable asset to any shoe owner. However, the best shoe stretcher should be created from high-quality materials such as polished wood and metals. As mentioned before, they tend to work best with certain shoe types and materials. They also work in various shoe brands including sneakers.
Lastly, check for versatility, shoe compatibility and the material that the stretcher is made from for assured stretch.